How I Print On Fabric - Repost from OneCheapBitch.blogspot

by - May 21, 2011

A lot of you have asked how I print on fabric.  I am by no means the genius behind this concept and I have seen the "how to" in blogland (on The Shabby Chic Cottage blog for one), but here is my tutorial on how to do it.

Here's what you will need:

One piece of cardstock, your fabric cut to the size of the cardstock and a can of spray adhesive.

Spray your cardstock with the spray adhesive:
Quickly attach your fabric - spreading out any bumps:
Cut any extra or loose ends so the fabric is perfectly matched with the paper and so it will fit into your printer.  Put into your printer tray with the fabric facedown (this only works with inkjet printers):
Choose your photo:
Press print and depending upon your computer, this window should pop up - press next and next again:
You should get this window next - choose the size you want and hit next:
The paper should feed through the printer like this:
And come out like this:
Peel the cardstock from your image and voila! - you are ready to roll!

Go ahead - give it a whirl and let me know how you make out!

Jeanine

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. This is AWESOME! Thank you.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool! I *do* need to try this. Have you ever tried printing on burlap?
    Thanks for visiting Red Hen Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, thanks for sharing your secret! I'm definitely trying this.

    Following you new blog!

    Kristi
    The Speckled Dog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know how this works! I was wondering a long time now...
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for resposting this, I'm soo adding this to my "I need to make pile"!

    Dollie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the white paper that is feeding behind the fabric please? Also, some printers don't need the printable side to be down. They go face up. Mine is like yours, it wraps around the drum to print, so I need to feed it face down. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me - thank you!